Is Green Gold Naphthysis Poisonous to Cats and Dogs?

Green Gold Naphthysis

The Green Gold Naphthysis is poisonous for both cats and dogs.

Typical symptoms include difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, excessive drooling, oral irritation, pain, increased respiratory rate, swelling of mouth, tongue and lips and vomiting.

Green Gold Naphthysis is a very poisonous plant where i all of the plant parts could be poisonous. This causes severe mouth pain if eaten as well as eye damage from its raphides and skin burning sensation caused by its sap which contains oxalic acid. It is a species of aroid and native to to a wide region of Latin America from Mexico to Bolivia.

The scientific name for this plant is Syngonium podophyllum. Additional name for this plant include American Evergreen, African Evergreen, Arrowhead Plant, Arrowhead Philodendron, Arrow-head Vine, Goosefoot, Green Gold Naphthysis, Nephthytis and Trileaf Wonder.

Image: Istock.com / Holly Guerrio

Share this article:

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.