The Impala Lily is poisonous for both cats and dogs.
Typical symptoms include anorexia, death, depression, diarrhea, dizziness, drooling, irregular heart beat, perspiration and vomiting.
Impala Lily is a flowering plant species that are native to south of the Sahara, Sahel regions and eastern and southern Africa and Arabia. It has flowers that are tubular and tend to be red and pink while the leaves are leathery in texture and spirally arranged. IThis plant is a member of the dogbane family, Apocynaceae.
The scientific name for this plant is Adenium obesum. Additional name for this plant include Bangkok Kalachuchi, Desert Azalea, Desert Rose, Kudu Lily, Mock Azalea and Sabi Star.
Image: Istock.com / Forman_Media