Is Lily of the Palace Poisonous to Cats and Dogs?

Lily of the Palace

The Lily of the Palace is poisonous for both cats and dogs.

Typical symptoms include abdominal pain, cardiac arrhythmias, collapse, convulsions, diarrhea, low blood pressure, paralysis, tremors, salvation and vomiting.

Lily of the Palace has broad tall leaves which are evergreen, fleshy bulbs and large red or purple flowers. They are perennial herbaceous bulbous plants belonging to family Amaryllidaceae.

The scientific name for this plant is Hippeastrum spp. Additional name for this plant include Amaryllis, Barbados Lily, Fire Lily, Lily of the Palace and Ridderstjerne.

Image: / Fortgens Photography

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.