Is Lily-of-the-Valley Bush Poisonous to Cats and Dogs?

Lily-of-the-Valley Bush

The Lily-of-the-Valley Bush is poisonous for both cats and dogs.

Typical symptoms include cardiovascular collapse, coma, death, depression, diarrhea, hypersalivation, loss of coordination, low blood pressure, vomiting and weakness.

Lily-of-the-Valley Bush is a small tree or a shrub that could usually grow up to 4 meters and sometimes could also reach up to 10 meters.  It features white flowers and simple leaves on brittle stems. They are native to eastern China, Taiwan, and Japan where it grows in mountain thickets.

The scientific name for this plant is Pieris japonica. Additional name for this plant include Andromeda Japonica, Japanese Andromeda, Japanese Pieris and Pieris.

Image: / Chelmicky

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.