The Lily of the Valley is poisonous for both cats and dogs.
Typical symptoms include coma, disorientation, irregular heart beat, low blood pressure, numbness, salivation, seizures and vomiting.
Lily of the valley is a herbaceous perennial plant that is native throughout the cool temperate Northern Hemisphere in Europe and Asia. Its stems could reach up to 30 cm tall with one or two leaves. It is highly poisonous with sweetly scented, pendent, bell shaped flowers.
The scientific name for this plant is Convallaria majalis. Additional name for this plant include Lily-of-the-Valley.
Image: Istock.com / richardnazaretyan