The Pig Lily is poisonous for both cats and dogs.
Typical symptoms include dehydration, difficulty swallowing, excessive drooling, hiding from you, intense burning and irritation of mouth, tongue and lips, oral irritation and vomiting.
Pig Lily is an evergreen perennial plants in the family Araceae. It normally grows in ponds, banks and streams. This plant grows up to 1 meter tall and are native to to southern Africa in South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho, .
The scientific name for this plant is Zantedeschia aethiopica. Additional name for this plant include Arum Lily, Calla Lily, Florist’s Cala, Garden Calla, Miniature Calla Lily, Trumpet Lily and White Arum.
Image: Istock.com / Raul Rodriquez