The Poison Parsnip is poisonous for both cats and dogs.
Typical symptoms include bloat, cardic disfunction, death, diarrhea, dilated pupils, fever, panting, respiratory depression, seizures, stomach pain and tremors.
Poison Parsnip is perennial herbaceous plants which grow up to 2.5 m. It is native to temperate regions of North America and Europe. These plants have resemblance to other plants in the Apiaceae family and might be confused with other poisonous and edible plants. Poison Parsnip may also be referred to as cowbane.
The scientific name for this plant is Cicuta maculata. Additional name for this plant include Cowbane, Spotted Cowbane, Spotted Parsley, Spotted Water Hemlock, Suicide Root By The Iroquois and Water Hemlock.
Image: Istock.com / cturtletrax