Is Rock Moss Poisonous to Cats and Dogs?

Rock Moss

The Rock Moss is poisonous for both cats and dogs.

Typical symptoms include depression, diarrhea, difficulty swallowing, kidney failure, muscle weakness and tremors.

Rock Moss are found in cooler areas and its name is derived to their preferred growth habitat which is on acidic rock

The scientific name for this plant is Portulaca oleracea. Additional name for this plant include Moss Rose, Red Root, Pigwee, Purslane, Pusley, Pursley, Verdolaga and Wild Portulaca.

Image: Istock.com / Digoarpi

Share this article:

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.